I love this! Reagan at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits, started a Top 10 Reasons you Know Christmas is Near Linky Party. Go and read hers and the ones linked, they will have you rolling in the floor laughing!
Here is my own...
10. My recycle bin looks like it has grown into a red and green construction paper monster. There is a layer of glitter covering my entire classroom.
9. The sight of candy, cookies and desserts makes me sick and starts a craving for a vegetable.
8. The debates of "Is Santa Claus real?" are rampant.
7. Every conversation with a coworker begins with "4 days" or "3 days", etc.
6. There is a constant hum of Christmas music playing to drown out their never ending talking.
5. I have said numerous times, "I'd hate for you to miss out on all of the fun Christmas activities I have planned." or "Santa and I go way back, I'd hate for him to find out _________."
4. I have spent more time planning what my students will be giving to their parents, then what I need to buy my family.
3. I can now say Merry Christmas in 27 different languages.
2. I've planned a Pajama Day for my third graders, as an excuse to not have to spend time getting ready out of pure exhaustion.
And the number 1 Reason I know Christmas is Near....
1. I have not finished a Guided Reading lesson or math centers in over a week because every surface of my classroom is covered with a completed art project, a drying ornament, or craft supplies.
On another note, I went to a tacky sweater party and I decided to make my own sweater, as well as my boyfriends. Check them out.
|I was proud of my craftiness!|
|My brother and I, this picture cracks me up!! That bow needs it's own zipcode.|
I know that it doesn't have anything to do with teaching, but hey...it disproves the popular myth. Teachers do have a life out of the classroom!