Today we started our geometry unit! Today we talked all about congruency and transformations. Transformations are not technically in our curriculum, but it seems like every year I see at least one problem on that big test! So we made this fun foldable today!
Here is the outside.
This is what the inside looks like, they used shapes to illustrate the different terms.
My favorite part was letting them write about their thinking and learning.
It's pretty self explanatory, but I typed up some directions for you guys!
- Fold the sides of a piece of an 8 x 12 construction paper inward, forming the foldable. Then, cut through the middle of the two outside flaps
- On the outside of the foldable, attach the congruent definition, translation, reflection and rotation.
- On the inside of the foldable flaps, attach the corresponding words.
- On the middle section, use the shapes to illustrate the different transformations.
- On the back inside of the congruent fold, have students write about the concept in their own words.
Let me know if you can use this foldable in your classroom! :)
Here are some other foldable ideas I've posted about before.
Go and check out Laura's Linky for more foldable ideas!
Have a Happy Tomorrow!