1. The week after Memorial Day we had the dreaded....
well I'll let you guess by looking at the pictures.
Hmm...Bare Walls and No Groups. Yep, you guessed it. Testing! This is the first year we implemented Common Core, so we didn't really know what to expect from the test. My students worked so hard and I was so proud of them.
Before we tested, we made the cute rock stars, because we were going to ROCK THE TEST! You can check them out here!
2. After testing, we had one week left of school. So we had some fun. We had so much fun that I didn't take very many pictures.
One day we had Patriotic Day. We wore red, white and blue and celebrated Memorial Day, Flag Day and Independence Day!
We made these cute windsocks. They were easy peasy.
All you need is some red, white and blue construction paper and some streamers, plus a piece of string. I had the students create a flag with construction paper and then they added 3 streamers. They hole punched two holes at the top and added string. They had lots of fun taking them outside and playing with them! I love how much fun kids can have with something so simple.
3. No end of the year celebration is complete without a Water Day! Our whole third grade competed in lots of fun water and beach relays.
Like the Beach Ball Hop
and Sponge Relays. For this one they carried the wet sponge over their head and then squeezed it into a jug.
The Partner Water Balloon Waddle was funny to watch! The studenst link arms like in the picture below and we placed a water balloon between their backs and they had to waddle across the field and get the water balloon in the bucket!
4. I made a video for my class with all of our pictures from the year. It turned out great. (All 25 minutes of it!) I invited the parents to come and watch it before our Awards Day. I'm not going to lie, I was a little emotional! I LOVED my class this year!
I burnt a copy of the DVD for my students too!
5. Then it was finally here! The last day of school.
I hate those pictures in a mirror, but I couldn't resist because I loved my shirt!!
After we cleared all the desks out of the room, we had a walk down memory lane. I gave them a big piece of bulletin board paper and they wrote down all of their memories from the year.
Well school ended last Friday. I had to work Monday-Wednesday. Lots of paperwork and lots of cleaning. I am finally done. I've been enjoying my free time. Since Friday, I've spent a lot of time at the pool.
Ignore the ominous rain clouds, the weather has been crazy!
I went to my favorite store.
and I bought a new bed. I'm in love! Thanks to my mom who spent two hours helping me put it together!
I got an awesome deal on the most comfortable mattress ever. My bed is now very tall. I feel like I'm living the Princess and the Pea.
I've gotten a pedicure, I've drank lots of wine, I've slept in, I've gone to the gym. Basically I love summer.
For those of you who aren't quite on break, hang in there! :)
Have a great weekend!