I have been busy this week! I have been at Pinnacle training this week. Pinnacle is a technology leadership program in my county. I am little bit on information overload, but it's been worth it!
Here's my Top Ten list of the week!
10. Time to plan and think about the coming year. (I'd rather do this by the pool, but at least being in a room with people to bounce ideas off of, has its advantages.)
9. Google Moments. We learned about lots of cool extensions and apps to use with Chrome. Some of my favorites were MoveIt, Snagit, and Tab Scissors.
8. The food! We have had some great food. Pizza, ice cream, gourmet popcorn, cookies! I think I've definitely gained some weight this week!
7. The App-Mazing Race Challenge! We were split into teams and given challenges using Apps on our iPads! Check out this link to see my team's work. (We were the first ones done....not to brag or anything!
6. To go along with the App Mazing Race, I worked with some other 4th and 5th grade teachers to create a set of challenges that we can use with our kids during the first two weeks of school. So excited for it! Here's an example of one of the challenges.
5. Nearpod! Have you ever used it? We learned about it this week, I want to explore it a little more. I think it would be a great way to use the Chromebooks in a typically direct instruction type of lesson, making it more interactive.
4. We played Minecraft this week! Yep that's right! I know it's kind of a big deal, but I had never played! We discussed ways to use it in the classroom.
3. We made board games! We talked a lot about gamification and we even made our own games.
2. Badges. Who doesn't like an award? I think I'm going to do something similar in my room this year!
1. Collaboration and hanging out with my peers!! This is definitely the best reason for Pinnacle!